TESS keeps on expanding both in markets and relations. In November the company showed a strong 30% increase in revenues.
Both strategic acquisitions and increase in sales cause the growth.
- We see the potential of reaching 4 billion NOK in revenues in 2019, says Erik Jølberg, CO at TESS.
He is the founder and the person behind the success of the biggest supplier in Norway within the business of hoses, services and MRO. TESS employs 1300 people worldwide and has more than 130 locations in Norway, Europe, USA, South America and Asia.
Earlier this autumn Mr. Jølberg bought the stock and the operating equipment from one of his biggest competitors for many years, Albert E. Olsen, when the company went bankrupt. With a revenue of 400 million kroner a year, AEO, established in 1902, has also been one of the eldest family-owned enterprises in Norway.
- It was important to secure both the customers and the employees at AEO, says Erik Jølberg. AEO-employees have a knowledge and relations to customers especially within firedepartements and other specialized industries using personal protective equipment.
TESS has also strengthen the position by including several companies within welding, hydraulic cylinders and industrial supply to its portofolio of technical related service companies.
Leading hose contracts to TESS
- We have showed our strength by all the new contracts and the prolonged ones as well this year, says Erik Jølberg.
Recently Equinor signed a five-year contract with an option for another three on hoses, security analyses, TESS Hose Management, maintenance and digital transactions. Equinor are to buy hoses from TESS for all their installations. The contract has a value of at least 500 million NOK. Equinor has been one of TESS most valuable customers for more than 25 years.
TESS has also signed a valuable three-year agreement with Technip FMC for the supply of hose components, operating and maintenance products and integrated supply services. The agreement includes Partnershop (TESS Service centre at the customer’s site) at Kongsberg Technology Park and at the CCB Base on Ågotnes outside Bergen.
- This Contract is of great importance to TESS. It means we will further strengthen ourselves as a technical trade specialist and a total supplier to the offshore industry, says Ansgar Karlsen, Technical director and Chairman at TESS Inc.
Foundation is working
Erik Jølberg has donated his ownership of TESS to a foundation, which aims to support children and youngsters in the Lier- area where TESS headquarter is and where Mr. Jølberg grew up. For the first time, nearly 1,5 million NOK was donated to various organisations which had applied for support.
TESS is working in accordance to the UN sustainable development goals.
- Our aim to represent quality, not the cheapest price, is sustainable and valued by our employees and customers, says Mr. Jølberg. He is looking forward to 2020 with optimism and a new improved and fully integrated e-commerce solution to come as a benefit for new and existing customers.
Text picture: Mr Erik Jølberg (left)with some of the talented young employees he gathers several times a year to get fresh eyes at the company